Blogging is not getting the attention it deserves as one of the most valuable tools you can use to connect with potential customers.
The Buyers’ Journey
Business buyers don’t just wake up in the morning and decide to purchase something, they go on a journey:
- First, buyers have no problem (or think they don’t),
- Then they do,
- Then they know what they need in a solution,
- Then they consider their options,
- Then they choose between those options,
- And finally their purchase solves the problem.
Depending on the business, it may take months or even years for the stages to play out. But the selling process does not – and cannot – precisely follow this path. There are steps the seller must take that are important for the seller but which are not part of the buyer’s journey.
So how do you align the journeys of the buyer and seller?
Marketing is a crucial means of identifying and managing the steps in the journey.